Imbuements can be made at the Armor Imbuement Table and can give a range of slight stat boosts to extremely handy abilities to armor. They require infused experience to make, which you get passively when you receive regular experience. Imbuements can be done regardless of armor enchantments, and do not count as enchantments themselves. The required level to imbue armor starts at 30 and for each new Tier you need 12 more than the last, 30, 42, 54, 66. Imbuements can be done to all armors, regardless of whether they give any armor points or can be enchanted normally, such as all Ars Magica 2 Boss armor.
To gather armor xp your armor needs to be equipped while you are taking damage. Some damage types that go directly for you health (such as a life tap) will not give you any armor xp. However other damage types that normal armor cannot help with, such as suffocation, can. Absorbing xp while wearing the armor will also give your armor xp (there is no xp loss for this).
Tier 1 (30 Levels of Infused Experience required):
- Burnout Reduction - Reduces your burnout faster than usual.
- Mana Regeneration - Slightly increases your mana regeneration speed.
- Magitech Goggles Implementation - Shows you how much etherium is in anything that holds it when you look over them.
- Step Assist - Will automatically make you clip up 1 block high walls when walking into them. Does not jump in the process (good for high air affinities).
- Increase Movement Speed - Will make you walk and run slightly faster than normal.
- Flicker Lure - Makes it easier to approach Flickers without them despawning
- Soulbound - Works like the soulbound enchantment (Keep the item on death) (Note that the Helmet has 5 available imbuements, the Soulbound is invisible but is to the right)
Tier 2/3 (42 and 54 Levels of Infused Experience required, respectively): Resistances only apply to Ars damage sources. ie: fire resistance will only work on "fire damage" from spells created with Ars Magica.
Tier 4 (66 Levels of Infused Experience required):
- Healing - Slight increase in health regeneration when health is low.
- Life Saving - Prevents you from dying when health reaches zero and gives a bit of health back.
- Recoil - Knocks mobs back when they hit you.
- Dispelling - Removes debuffs (has a cooldown).
- Fire/Lava Protection - Less damage from standing in lava/fire and extinguishes fire on the player.
- Freedom of Movement - Ignores debuffs that works like Slowness (Vanilla Slowness and all associated Ars Magica 2 ones).
- Light Step - Places mage lights at the player if light level is below 7.
- Hunger Restore - Slowly restores hunger and saturation bar.
- Thaumic Vision - ONLY if Thaumcraft is installed, adds Goggles of Revealing to any helmet that has this applied.
- Water walking - Lets players walk on water
Friendly warning if you are using an old version
Never use Dispel on any leg armor. It is a known bug. There is bug in the code that can corrupt your world. If you put Dispel on any leg armor your game instantly crash and you will be unable to load it again. There is no known way to repair worlds that were destroyed this way.
Fixed in Ars Magica 2 1.4.009 (1.7.10)